pretty as a picture

pretty as a picture

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Royal Children's



As a few of you already know, I have been excepted into the Royal Childrens Hospital Voluteer Program.
This is something I've wanted to do for about 4 years. Due to work, I was unable to do one day a week in the program until now. The Hospital is looking for voluteers who can also commit for at least a year.
I attended the Orientation in April at the Hospital with 120 other applicants, mostly students doing pediatrics and nursing, and then had to apply for my Working with Childrens Card and submit numerous forms for a police check, which took about a month to be all cleared.
I then had my interview in May with the Co ordinater, which I felt went really well.
My two lovely character referees (Sam & Kirsty) were contacted 2 weeks ago and must have said some really nice things, as I received an email last week to say I have been excepted and training starts in July.
Onced trained, I will be allocated to a department to work along side the nurses and all the children that are needing care.
Im really looking forward to being involved with the hospital and helping in any way I can. It will be a great experience and I thank everyone involved for this opportunity.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kerry,
    This is how mum unwinds each night after a heavy day at work. Your blogs rock her world! Dont be offended that she doesnt respond to everything you blog about, she says she is just sooooo super busy juggling me, Kyle and the husband she too calls a child. I know it puts a smile on her face and thats all that matters. LOL Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach again,
    I guess I should have said that the baby is kinda cute, I bet it still screams, poos, spews and feeds none stop!! A bit too much hard work I reckon. LOL

    ReplyDelete