pretty as a picture

pretty as a picture

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

William and Kate's Engagement





Diana and William


It's our 3rd Wedding Anniversary today and I woke to the news that Wills and Kate have finally announced their engagement.

I am absolutely delighted and over the moon with excitement for them, and can't wait for another royal wedding. At the same time it did bring a tear to my eye to know that Diana would not be a part of this special time in William's life.

Diana would be so proud of  both her son's if she were here today, and I think it was such a lovely gesture to have given Kate, Diana's engagement ring as away of keeping her memory alive.

I have collected many items of  Diana's over the years and one thing I do treasure is a porcelain trinket dish that was released for Charles and Diana's engagement. So watch out... I feel another collection coming on!!

I will be counting down the days until the wedding, just as I did in 1981 when I was 10 years old. I wish them both all the luck and love for their lives together and only hope they have as stronger marriage as Jeff and I do as we celebrate today :)

1 comment: